Icecast Release 2.4.0
We are pleased to announce release 2.4.0 of Icecast.
A summary of the changes is listed below, for details please
refer to the ChangeLog.
- Support for Ogg Opus streams
- Support for WebM streams
- HTTP 1.1 PUT support for source connections. Deprecating SOURCE method.
- Default mount
This allows you to define a global set of defaults for all mounts.
This way you can use e.g. url-auth for sources and or listeners also for dynamically generated mounts.
- Web interface redone
- Web output properly redone, credit to ePirat.
<audio> element for supported audio streams.
- Now validates completely as XHTML1.0 strict.
- Improves rendering on mobile devices.
- Added basic JSON API (
/status-json.xsl) based on a xml2json template by Doeke Zanstra (see
Output is roughly limited to data also visible through
- Send charset in HTTP headers for everything, excluding file-serv and streams.
- Allow (standard
%x codes in
<dump-file>. Disabled for win32.
- Added stream_start_iso8601, server_start_iso8601 to statitics. ISO8601 compliante timestamps for statistics.
Should make usage in e.g. JSON much easier. Added as new variables to avoid breaking backwards compatibility.
- Now compiles for win32 using mingw
- Added options
header_prefix to URL based listener auth.
- Updated listener_remove handler, added
- Allow full URLs to be returned by the master server.
- Security Fix: Override supplementary groups if
<changeowner> is used
- Fixes for some race conditions
- Dropped debian packaging directory as debian use their own.
- Send proper HTTP headers in responses to clients.
Content-Length header in admin (raw) requests. Thanks to paluh for reporting.
- Escape log entries in access log
- Fixed a memory leak. Lost headers of stream because of wrong ref counter in associated refbuf objects.
- Avoid memory leak in
type-attribute is set
- Updated web interface to be XHTML compliant.
status2.xsl from release. It was only a broken example file anyway.
- Will crash if certain config tags are left empty.
- Webinterface shows Login when using just
Posted May 6, 2014 by dm8tbr