Icecast Release 2.3.1
New features for 2.3.1
- new tag
<logging> state the trigger size (in KB) for cycling the log files.
- new tag
<logging> enable (
1) if you want to use a timestamp for an extension when cycling logs.
Fixes for 2.3.1
- Handling of certain shoutcast source clients is fixed, this typically affected NSV source clients
- A race in source shutdown when listeners are authenticated could lead to server crash
- An audio glitch was possible in playback of vorbis streams when a new logical stream started (eg metadata update).
- Stats speedup. Processing large numbers of stats was slow. Typically only seen when using lots of streams on the same server.
- 404 responses were being sent back in some places, now 403 is sent back.
- Auth URL now handles the authentication to scripts better.
The order in which username/password are selected is
- url is http://user:pass@host:port/….
<param name="username"> and
remove, listener supplied username/password is used.
- A streams intro file can now be changed, using HUP, on active streams.
- Mount without a name crashed the server
- Various documentation updates
Posted Nov 30, 2005 by oddsock