Icecast Release 2.4.1
We are pleased to announce release 2.4.1 of Icecast.
This is a pure bugfix-only release. Upgrading to it is recommended due to security fixes.
A summary of the changes is listed below, for details please
refer to the ChangeLog.
- Fix autogen.sh to work properly on OS X
- Removed threadpool from the example config (it is long gone and unused)
- More detailed logging:
- Add source IP adress to source start/stop logging
- Add mountpoints to some log lines
- Fix logging to send errors to STDERR prior to opening log files
<auth> in default mounts (
<mount type="default">) to work properly
- Fix the JSON status API (
status-json.xsl), which could return invalid JSON in some cases
- SSL Security improvements:
- Disable SSLv3
- Disable SSL compression
- Updated the default ciphers to be more secure
- Handle empty strings in config file better
- Fix logging of client connection duration time on Windows
- Fix possibly broken XML on Windows
Content-Type header for PUT requests
- Fix on-connect and on-disconnect script STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR corruption due to shared file descriptors. (CVE-2014-9018)
- Fix JSON access by adding support for global and mount specific custom HTTP headers
- HTTP PUT implementation currently doesn’t support chunked encoding yet.
- HTTP PUT with “Expect: 100-Continue” receives first a “100” and soon after a “200”, instead of the “200” at the end of transmission.
- Caution should be exercised when using
<on-disconnect>, as there is a small chance of stream file descriptors being mixed up with script file descriptors, if the FD numbers go above 1024. This will be further addressed in the next Icecast release.
- Don’t use comments inside
<http-headers> as it will prevent processing of further
- Webinterface shows Login when using just
Posted Nov 19, 2014 by ePirat